The world is a big place and we all deserve to experience it. There are, however, strict immigration laws in effect. Whether we want to cross country borders for business or to give our families a better life, certain legal matters must be tended to first. At M.A. Ramos & Associates, we focus exclusively on immigration law, giving us a stellar track record of over 3,500 immigration cases handled in the last decade. We want to help you, too!
Immigration Services for Mexican Families
With Laredo and San Antonio, Texas, we live and work in locations where Mexican and U.S. citizens commonly need help with immigration. The most important advice we can give is that you should never try to do this alone: immigration is considered one of the most complex areas of law, because regulations are always changing. Trust us to guide you through all of your immigration issues.
Reuniting and maintaining family connections is a key motive for many immigration decisions. You may wish to contact our Texas family immigration attorneys if:
- Your U.S. citizen son or daughter has turned 21 and you want your child to file an immigrant petition so that you can become a permanent resident.
- You want to become a permanent resident of the U.S. because you were just married.
- You have recently acquired enough money to pay for filing fees and attorney fees.
- You have experienced violence or threats of violence in Mexico and you want a safer life in the United States.
- You have been living in the U.S. illegally and after graduating high school, you've realized you cannot get a Social Security number and continue your education.
- You are about to turn 21 and want to make sure an immigrant petition is filed so that you don't move into a different category, forcing you to sometimes wait an extra 19 or 20 years to immigrate.
Business Owners and Employees In Need of Immigration Assistance
Many times, a company's labor needs will extend beyond the location of their home office. We see this all the time, especially from our Laredo law office: Laredo is the #1 land port in America and sees more international trade by land than anywhere else in the country. Because of this, numerous businesses—including customs brokers, warehousing, and trucking—will need to bring in key employees from Mexico.
Specific sets of laws will apply to the foreign-born worker seeking U.S. employment or a Texas business owner who wishes to hire highly skilled professionals under the H1-B visa program. Many of our business clients fit within one of these scenarios:
- You are a U.S. employer who needs to transfer a key employee from a foreign affiliate to the U.S. division.
- You own a successful business in Mexico, but are worried that also makes you a target for extortion and kidnapping; you'd like to do business in the U.S. instead and avoid the violence.
- You are a Mexican professional and you feel there is a better future for you and your family in the U.S., both personally and professionally.
Legal Help With Naturalization and Citizenship
If you have been living in the United States as a legal permanent resident for at least five years—three years if you're married to a U.S. citizen—you can apply for U.S. citizenship through naturalization. This is a wonderful opportunity for some people because once you become a naturalized U.S. citizen, you will automatically receive all the benefits of citizenship and will no longer need to worry about losing permanent resident status. You will also be able to petition to admit your parents, siblings, and married sons and daughters under family immigration laws.
Laredo and San Antonio Immigration Attorneys
We aren't just immigration attorneys—we are immigration attorneys who respond promptly, answer questions, and keep you updated. Our knowledge of complex immigration laws, coupled with outstanding customer service, makes M.A. Ramos & Associates a top notch, full-service Texas law firm. We also don't want you to put off your future because of money concerns, so we offer payment plans to help make immigration more manageable and affordable.
Call the immigration attorneys at M.A. Ramos & Associates today for a free consultation at 1-888-US-VISAS (878-4727)